What We Do
- Lead financial management at an institution with $2.7 billion in operating revenues, an $8.2 billion net position, AAA bond ratings, and tier 3 status under the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Restructured Higher Education Financial and Administrative Operations Act.
- Produce UVA’s consolidated annual audited financial report and quarterly interim report.
- Develop Academic Division’s annual budget plan and multi-year financial plan and manage University Financial Model to guide effective decision-making and strong financial management for 11 schools, the College at Wise, and business units.
- Provide valued data, analysis, and recommendations for senior leadership and the Board of Visitors.
- Support UVA’s affordable excellence initiative by balancing tuition requirements and financial aid programs to achieve an investment in the excellence of our academic programs while meeting 100% of financial need and minimizing student debt.
- We are assessing current processes while planning and developing a business case to support the finance strategic transformation, which includes improving the financial service delivery model and upgrading to a cloud-based enterprise financial system.
- Oversee $1.5 billion in annual cash inflow and outflow, including all payments to vendors and employees, as well as the collection of tuition, state appropriation, and external research funding, as well as the distribution of endowment earnings.
- Maintain a robust and effective framework to ensure internal controls and financial compliance management.
- Build an informed and collaborative financial community by delivering training and an annual conference, as well as sponsoring user support through affinity groups, an online community, a blog, and a podcast.