Procurement & Supplier Diversity Services (PSDS) is focused on lean practices and process improvements that make the purchasing, travel & expense, and payables experience better for their clients.
PSDS manages University spend to the greatest extent possible in the University’s decentralized environment by purchasing quality goods and services at competitive prices, providing proper financial stewardship for payments, and extending responsive and responsible service to all University departments.
Major services include:
- Administering the UVA Marketplace, setting procurement procedures for the University in accordance with policy and state law,
- Managing a strategic sourcing program that provides clients with more choices while improving pricing and reducing University risk and liability,
- Handling invoice matching and payments and vendor file administration as a part of Accounts Payable;
- Managing the TravelUVA, ExpenseUVA, and the Travel & Expense purchasing card (T&E card) programs;
- Ensuring that UVA meets its state-mandated spending goals with Small, Woman, and Minority-owned (SWaM) businesses
Currently, PSDS is working to upgrade the current Jaggaer Source-to-Pay technology solution to provide users with access to a single, easy-to-use tool for electronic catalog purchasing, sourcing, vendor management that is self-service, and contract management. 2018 will also see PSDS finding solutions to faculty requests for personalized procurement services, expanding the strategic sourcing program, collaborating with the Recon@ team to ease the reconciliation process for purchased items and travel/expense items, and working with Sponsored Programs to develop a toolkit of researcher-specific procurement and Sponsored Program tips.